Brake Press Operator (2nd shift)
Work Schedule - Full-time
This position is responsible for preparing raw steel, aluminum, or stainless steel up to ½” thick, and finished product to correct length and shape according to customer requirements using a CNC Brake Press.
Multilink, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
AAP/EEO, drug-free workplace. No third-party candidates, please.
- Proficiently load/edit Computerized Numeric Control (CNC) programs and operate the CNC Brake Press for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Must be willing to learn and operate other fabrication equipment including drill presses, chop saw, CO2 laser, CNC punch press (turret), and insertion press.
- Must be able to finish product with grinders, sanders and hand tools.
- Perform daily maintenance to assigned equipment to keep in proper working order.
- Has the ability to read blueprints to ascertain correct specifications and perform in-process inspections.
- Safely move material using forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Assist other individuals in area when needed.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Promotes teamwork, effective communication, and adherence to company policies, process, and procedures.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent may be required.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measure, calipers, and other shop drawing aids.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Safety conscious behavior.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
Apply for Position - Job Title