International Sourcing Manager
Work Schedule - Full-time
The primary function of the Purchasing Manager is to lead all aspects of the delivery of materials to support plant goals. This position directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in the purchasing/buyer functions to maintain an optimal balance between demand /supply and working capital to help ensure operations run efficiently, meet customer delivery schedules and maximize profitability. This role will build organizational capability through teaching, coaching, mentoring, and leadership.
- Manage purchase orders, change notices, and expedites of delivery of materials.
- Oversee cost-out actions of purchased materials.
- Negotiate stocking agreements with suppliers, issue blanket Pos.
- Establishing, managing and executing inventory strategy.
- Control of In Direct expenses and MRO procurement.
- Responsible for minimizing purchase price variance.
- Works with Supply Chain team to develop systems to ensure on time delivery to our customer and plant and supplier stocking levels support and exceed company sales and inventory goals.
- Provides data and analysis on vendor performance and works with team to improve lead time, quality, and price from supply base.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors purchasing using ERP system to meet company requirements, works with production management to ensure materials are on site on time per customer request.
- Works with cross functional teams to ensure collaborative and system wide approach to problem solving and quality planning methods.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for customer on time delivery, inventory accuracy, and inventory dollars and turns. Provides finance and management with predicted month end cost.
- Drives root cause of performance failures and puts sustained, corrective action in place to avoid future misses, creates opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain procedures for department.
- Ensure site adheres to Supply Chain Policies and Corporate procedures and programs.
- Provides guidance and development to the team.
- Visibly and actively supports other functional plant initiatives including safety, wellness, engagement, etc.
- Attend production meetings and other meeting functions directly related to owned commodities.
- Responsible for assigned projects directly related to purchased parts.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of procurement experience within a manufacturing environment.
- 1 year managerial experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Strong global experience and sourcing experience within third world countries.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Supplier negotiation skills with international suppliers.
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated success in driving results through others.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power Point) and Syspro.
- Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of staff.
- Background in International Circuit Board Purchasing.
- Background in International Electronic Commodities.
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required).
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Apply for Position - Job Title