Work Schedule - Full-time, Part-time
This position is responsible for preparing raw steel, aluminum, or stainless-steel weldments up to 1/2” thick, and finished product to correct length and shape according to customer requirements using various pneumatic, hand-held grinding tools, and applications.
- Grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal items using handtools, power tools, and knowledge of metal finishing techniques: Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal.
- Report and document basic material, production, and quality control issues.
- Smooths surface of item to specified finish, using handtools and powered tools.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Perform daily maintenance to assigned equipment to keep in proper working order.
- Has the ability to read blueprints to ascertain correct specifications and perform in-process inspections.
- Safely operate a forklift and/or pallet jack for moving materials.
- Clean and maintain an organized work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Communicates effectively with others to direct personal workflow
- Promotes teamwork, positivity, and adherence to company policies, processes, and procedures
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand, and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity.
- Attention to detail for sustained periods of time.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 85-degree Fahrenheit work environment
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required for communication of work orders.
- Willingness to learn how to utilize and understand blueprints, tape measure, calipers, and other shop drawing aids.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement and respond to change.
- Understanding and support of company policies, procedures, and leadership.
- Safety-conscious behavior and wear the appropriate PPE gear required – Training provided on proper utilization.
- No experience necessary; we are willing to train the right candidate willing to put in the effort and be on time!
- Offering part-time hours for afternoon shift 20-25 hours per week available.
- Full time hours also available for morning and afternoon shifts due to increase in demand.
- Overtime available!
- Perfect Attendance award (for full time employees) given to those that come into work on time daily – rewards include Multilink store merchandise, gift cards, etc.
- Promotion from within – we have hired most of our leadership from employees that started out in entry level positions.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K offered (with company match) to full-time employees
- Ability to work with family and friends – we offer a referral program for those that qualify!
Apply for Position - Job Title