Work Schedule -
The Secondary Operator is responsible for preparing raw material such as hinges, hardware, and fabricated parts to finished product according to correct length and shape determined by customer requirements using a chop saw, hardware insertion press, drill press, or flex-tapping unit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 1-50 lbs frequently.
Must be able to squat, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, turn, grasp, and reach overhead and outward frequently.
Must be comfortable sitting, standing, and walking for 1-10 hours per day.
Must be comfortable working in a 55-85 degree Fahrenheit environment.
Multilink, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Proficiently operate the assigned machinery based on workcenter for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling or material for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install, and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from the supervisor/lead.
- Report and document basic material, production, and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Must be willing to learn and operate other fabrication equipment including C02 laser, CNC Punch Press, and CNC Brake Press.
- Must be able to finish product with grinders, sanders, and hand tools.
- Perform daily maintenance to assigned equipment to keep in proper working order.
- Read blueprints to ascertain the correct specifications and perform in-process inspections.
- Safely move material using a forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Clean and maintain an orderly work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Assist other individuals in the area when needed.
- Communicate effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Promote teamwork, effective communication, and adherence to company policies, process, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent may be required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measure, calipers, and other shop drawing aids.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively implement and respond to change.
- Must understand and support company policies and procedures.
- Must display a safety-conscious attitude.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Must be able to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
Apply for Position - Job Title
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the form below. You can attach a resume and cover letter to your submission using the upload files button.