Turret Punch Press Operator
Work Schedule -
The Turret Punch Press Operator will be responsible for preparing raw steel, aluminum, or stainless steel up to 1/4" thick, and finished product to correct length and shape according to customer requirements using a CNC Punch Press machine tool and edit programs for tooling location assignment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull 1-50 lbs frequently.
Must be able to squat, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, turn, grasp, and reach overhead and outward frequently.
Must be comfortable sitting, standing, and walking for 1-10 hours per day.
Must be comfortable working in a 55-85 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
Multilink, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Proficiently set up, program-edit, and run the assigned CNC Punch Press machine.
- Load, install, and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
- Understand and perform knowledge of machine codes and tooling test hits.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Must be willing to learn and operate other fabrication equipment including drill presses, chop saw, CNC brake press, C02 laser, and insertion press.
- Must be able to finish product with grinders, sanders, and hand tools.
- Perform daily maintenance to assigned equipment to keep in proper working order.
- Read blueprints to ascertain correct specifications and perform in-process inspections.
- Safely move material using a forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Clean and maintain an orderly work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Assist other individuals in the area when needed.
- Communicate effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Promote teamwork, effective communication, and adherence to company policies, process, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent may be required.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, tape measure, calipers, and other shop drawing aids.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Understand and support company policies and procedures.
- Must have a safety-conscious attitude.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Must be able to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods of time.
Apply for Position - Job Title
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the form below. You can attach a resume and cover letter to your submission using the upload files button.